The MEID program is not currently taking applications.
Admission to the M-EID program is competitive and based on GRE scores, GPA (overall and in program of study), course work, letters of recommendation, essay, portfolio, other evidence of scholarly achievement, area of interest, and availability of resources. It is not necessary that prior degrees are in the selected program of study for acceptance into this graduate program, but the applicant's background or experience should be in a closely related field. Students accepted into the M-EID program are required to have taken, or to take, certain undergraduate courses considered basic for a degree from each of the programs of study. In some cases, this may require taking courses that do not carry graduate credit to make up deficiencies. Contact the M-EID office with any questions you may have.
January 10, 2009.
Eligibility and Requirements
- U.S citizenship is required for National Science Foundation IGERT Traineeships. Limited funding may be available for non-residents.
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 for all college work (4.0 = A).
You must apply to both the Montana – Ecology of Infectious Diseases (M-EID) Traineeship Program (Phase I) and the PhD program of your choice (Phase II) separately.
Please note: you must mail complete hard copy Montana - Ecology of Infectious Disease (M-EID) Traineeship Program Application Packet ( Phase 1 - Part Two ) and a graduate School Application ( Phase II ) to M-EID.
Phase One: M-EID Application Process
Hard Copy Application ( send to mailing address )
- Copy of your graduate school application
- At least 3 recommendations
- Test Scores
- Course Summary Form
( only requierd for Wildlife Biology Program )
Phase Two: University of Montana Graduate School Application Process
1. Select a relevant PhD program
- Computer Science
- Communication Studies
- Integrative Microbiology and Biochemistry
- - Microbial Ecology Emphasis
- Organismal Biology and Ecology
- Wildlife Biology
2. Complete the graduate school application
- GRE scores (note that the Biology subject test is required for Organismal Biology and Ecology)
- TOEFL Examination scores (International Students only, see here for other requirements).
- $45.00 application fee.
- Send hard copy of these applications to M-EID ( send to mailing address )